- Position: Senior Research Statistician
- Areas of expertise: Medical Research; Statistical Methodology; National Clinical Audit; Epidemiology; Paediatric Intensive Care; Quality assessment and improvement; Clinical Trials; Early Phase Trials; Oncology
- Email: H.L.Buckley@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 8125
After obtaining my MSc in Statistics, I worked at the University of York in the York Trials Unit (YTU) for three years before joining the University of Leeds in 2016 as Medical Statistician in the Leeds Institute for Clinical Trials Research (LICTR). I became a Senior Medical Statistician in the Early Phase Cancer Division of LICTR in 2017. After a total of 6 years working on a variety of trials, ranging from cluster randomised trials of educational intervention to Phase I oncology trials, I became the Senior Research Statistician for the Paediatric Intensive Care Audit Network (PICANet).
PICANet, a joint collaboration with the University of Leicester, is a national clinical audit which assess paediatric intensive care unit (PICU) activity in the UK and the Republic of Ireland. As the Senior Research Statistician, I take strategic lead on statistical issues, developing policies and working practices relating to statistical aspects of the research project. Additionally my role involves, assisting clinicians and researchers to access, use and analyse PICANet data for research projects, presentations and publications.
- MSc Statistics
- BSc Mathematics with Statistics
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Medicine
- Clinical and Population Science