- Position: Principal Statistician
- Areas of expertise: Statistical design and analysis of multicentre randomised controlled trials and clinical studies
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1475
- Location: 1081 Worsley Building
- Website: Research Design Service for Yorkshire & Humber | LinkedIn | ORCID
After obtaining my MSc in Statistics with Applications in Medicine from the University of Southampton, I worked in the medical devices industry for several years before joining the Leeds Institute of Clinical Trials Research (LICTR) as a Principal Statistician in 2010.
Based in the Surgical Interventions, Diagnostics and Devices (SIDD) Division within LICTR, I work as a lead statistician in the musculoskeletal and skin disease portfolios. I am also the lead for an MSc module on "Introduction to Clinical Trials" and the statistical lead for the Research Design Service (RDS) at Leeds.
- Supervising Statistician
- Lead for MSc module
- Statistical lead for the RDS at Leeds
I am interested in the design, conduct and analysis of clinical trials especially within the musculoskeletal and skin clinical disease areas, involving evaluation of a broad range of health technologies. I have fostered a specialist understanding of these clinical disease areas as well as knowledge of the relevant methodologies which have enabled me to collaborate with clinical leaders working in these clinical areas.
- MSc Statistics with Applications in Medicine
- BSc Mathematics and General Physiology
- Chartered Statistician (Royal Statistical Society)
I am the lead for an MSc module on "Introduction to Clinical Trials" hosted by the MSc in Health Data Analytics which includes statistical aspects of the design, conduct, analysis, and reporting of clinical trials; critical appraisal of protocols, grant applications and research papers; and an introduction to SAS and Stata software packages.
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Clinical Trials Research