- Position: Student Education Service Officer (Team Leader)
- Email: E.L.Bentley@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 6980
- Location: 7.09 Worsley Building
Emma is responsible for the coordination and management of student support and engagement activities for the MBChB undergraduate medical programme.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Leading the team in providing a professional and high quality student support function, managing and coordinating the team’s workload, prioritising tasks and monitoring and reviewing the quality of work of the team ensuring high standards are maintained.
- Leading, managing and coordinating student support practices and processes.
- Providing a key source of advice to students and members of staff in relation to student support policies and practices.
- Ensuring support of a range of student engagement activities; (e.g co-ordination and organisation of the professionalism ceremony, student/staff dinners, year link meetings, feedback meetings and welfare activities).
- Supporting and influencing the implementation of consistent, high quality, customer-oriented student support practices and the future development of the function across the Faculty and wider University.
- Actively identifying the impact of internal and external changes affecting the Student Support team and taking appropriate action, providing support to the team through periods of change, instilling motivation and a positive attitude; focussing on the delivery of the aims of the Student Support function.
- MBChB Team Lead for Student Support and Engagement
- PG Certificate - University of Leeds, 2014
- BA (Hons) - University of Birmingham, 2013
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Medical Education