Dr Tim Brend
- Position: Integrated Biobanking Manager
- Email: T.Brend@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 7.02 Clinical Sciences Building
- Website: Twitter | LinkedIn
I have been Integrated Biobanking Manager at the Leeds Institute of St. James’s since December 2019. Prior to my current role, I was Project Manager for the Breast Cancer Now Tissue Bank at the University of Leeds from 2017 to 2019.
Before moving into biobanking, I enjoyed an extensive career in research. I obtained my PhD from the Institute of Cancer Research (London) in 2001 and subsequently held post-doctoral positions at the ICR (2001), Yale University (2004), University of Leeds (2009), University of Oxford (2012) and University of Leeds again (2012).
- Project and Operations Manager
- PhD Developmental Biology
- BSc (Hons) Biochemistry (with Intercalated Year)
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Medical Research at St James's