Dr Stephen Bradley
- Position: NIHR Academic Clinical Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: Cancer diagnosis in primary care, health inequalities and improving quality of medical research
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: 10.39 Worsley
- Website: LinkedIn | Researchgate | ORCID
I am an NIHR Academic Clinical Lecturer and a GP working in inner-city Leeds.
Following the academic foundation programme I completed General Practice training in 2016 and have worked at the University of Leeds as a Clinical Fellow since May 2017. Through my doctoral research I am investigating the role of imaging in the diagnosis of lung cancer. Prior to my PhD study, I completed an MSc in Health Research at the University of Leeds.
I was a member of the School of Medicine Ethics Committee for two years (2019-2021) and I served as an academic and personal tutor in the University of Leeds Medical School for three years (2016-2019). Prior to this I was a Visiting Lecturer for two years (2014-2016). In August 2019 I was appointed to a three year term on the National Institute of Health Research’s Health Services & Delivery Research prioritisation committee.
I have also served on a NICE guideline committee and I worked with the General Medical Council for three years (2016-2019) contributing to a committee that oversees the PLAB exam including reviewing and setting examination stations. Prior to this I had served as a specialist expert for the Care Quality Commission inspecting acute hospital trusts and I was also a Guardian of Safe Working Hours at Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust.
- I am employed as a General Practitioner for one day a week and clinical lead for cancer for NHS Leeds clinicial commissioning group for one day per week.
- I receive funding for PhD study from CanTest collaborative (Cancer Research UK), I was a member of the executive committee of the Fabian Society (a political think tank affiliated to the Labour Party) 2017-2021. The publication costs of a collection of essays on health inequalities which I co-edited for the Fabian Society was funded by the Association of the British Pharmateutical Industry and Lloyds Pharmacies, I received no direct funding or payment for this.
- I sit on the NIHR’s Health Services & Delivery research prioritisation committee (unpaid aside from reimbursement of travel expenses).
- I am a co-investigator on a study which is funded by Yorkshire Cancer Reserach (Patient-centred models for surveillance and support of cancer survivors with bowel and breast cancer).
- I am a member of the steering group of a campaing to improve health research (the declaration to improve health research).
- I have previously received funding from the Mason Medical Foundaiton to undertake a study on chest x-ray and lung cancer diagnosis.
- MRCP, MRCGP (2016)
- MSc Health Research
- BA English Literature & Modern History
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Medical Association
From 2016 I served a three year term as an academic tutor to third-year medical students on the SAFER MEDIC programme and as a personal tutor to medical students during their clinical years.
Research groups and institutes
- Primary Care Oncology