Dr Malenka M Bissell
- Position: NIHR Academic Clinical Lecturer (2017)
- Areas of expertise: congenital heart disease; cardiac magnetic resonance imaging; 4D flow MRI
- Email: M.M.Bissell@leeds.ac.uk
After completing my medical degree and MD in Germany I started my clinical academic career in the UK. My DPhil in Cardiovascular Medicine at Oxford University focussed on 4D flow MRI in bicuspid aortic valve disease. I joined Leeds University in 2018 as a clinical lecturer in Paediatric Cardiology.
My main area of interest is cardiac MRI in congenital heart disease. This especially includes 4D flow MRI.
I teach paediatric cardiology modules in a variety of post-graduate teaching programmes.
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Medicine
- Biomedical Imaging Science
<li><a href="//phd.leeds.ac.uk/project/193-non-invasive-advanced-imaging-biomarkers-to-improve-optimal-timing-of-interventions-in-tetralogy-of-fallot">Non-invasive advanced imaging biomarkers to improve optimal timing of interventions in tetralogy of fallot</a></li>