Dr Anna Berekmeri
I joined the University of Leeds in March 2016 as a Clinical Research Fellow and Study Coordinator of the NIHR HTA ALPHA (ALitretinoin versus PUVA in severe HAnd Eczema) Trial on severe Hand Eczema.
Currently, I am also conducting original research regarding the skin cytokine network in inflammatory skin diseases, as a scholar of the Leeds Anniversary Research Scholarship at the School of Medicine and Health, in order to obtain my PhD.
Optimization and validation of a novel diagnostic pathways for inflammatory skin diseases (tape stripping, optical coherence tomography-OCT), the determination and more precise classification of disease subgroups according to their molecular inflammatory (cytokine/chemokine, antimicrobial peptide), molecular structural (cytokeratins, barrier proteins), molecular regulatory (non-coding RNA molecules), microbial, 3 dimensional imaging (OCT) characteristics, including blood flow and clinical phenotypic parameters, for a powerful novel approach beyond conventional diagnostic boarders.
My project has a special focus on eczema and psoriasis, as the many different clinical patterns of these entities, determined by disease activity and localization (e.g. palms, soles, outer ear, skin fold area), can result in a large spectrum of manifestations creating diagnostic difficulties.
- Board certification in Dermatology, EU, 2016
- Dermatology Trainee, EU, 2013-2016
- Medical Doctor Degree, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Târgu Mure?, Romania, 2006-2012
- General Medical Council, UK
- European Academy of Dermatology and Venerology (EADV)
- British Society of Immunology (BSID)
- The Hungarian Young Scientist’s Society
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Rheumatic and Musculoskeletal Medicine
- Dermato-Rheumatology Group