- Position: MBChB Assessment Lead
- Email: B.Jassim@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 10.01 Worsley Building
I started in my role as MBChB Assessment Lead at the University of Leeds, School of Medicine in October 2022. I provide clinical oversight for all the years of the MBChB programme and I have a student facing role to support the culture of assessment.
I completed my undergraduate medical degree at the University of East Anglia (UEA), Norwich. My foundation posts have included cardiology, vascular surgery, acute medicine, accident and emergency and ENT across Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust and Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust. I completed my GP training in Leeds as part of the Leeds Vocational Training Scheme and have worked in psychiatry, obstetrics and gynaecology and accident and emergency as part of my GP training.
I currently spend my clinical time as an NHS GP and also work with the urgent care service providing access to primary care extended hours for the local community.
I am also a qualified foundation year 2 doctor clinical supervisor and trainer in primary care. My clinical interests include women’s health, menopause and mental health.
- MBChB Assessment Lead at the School of Medicine, Leeds Institute of Medical Education
- Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners
- Royal Society for Public Health Associate member
- British Medical Association
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Medical Education