Dr Padmavathi G
- Position: Research Fellow in Electrophysiology
- Email: P.Ganesan@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: Level 7 LIGHT Laboratories
- Website: Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
I completed my Doctor of Philosophy in Biosciences and Bioengineering under the supervision of Prof. Ajaikumar B. Kunnumakkara, Cancer Biology Laboratory and DBT-AIST International Center for Translational and Environmental Research (DAICENTER), Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati, India in May, 2019.
My area of specialization in Ph.D. was cancer research. Thus far, I have published 35 journal publications with a cumulative impact factor above 120 and 30 book chapters. Also, I am one of the editors of the book ‘Fusion Genes and Cancer’ published by World Scientific, New Jersey which is the first book of its kind in the world.
Further, I have more than 2000 citations, an h-index of 23. Currently, I am working as a British Heart Foundation (BHF) funded postdoctoral research fellow for Dr. Jian Shi at the University of Leeds. My work primarily focuses the regulatory effects of membrane lipids on the ion channels.
Regulation of mechanosenzing ion channels by membrane lipids and their potential therapeutic effects on cardiovascular diseases
- B.Tech in Biotechnology
- PhD in Biosciences and Bioengineering
- Society for Nutraceuticals & Chronic Diseases
- Sakura Science Club, Japan
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Medicine