Dr Gemma Ashwell
- Position: Clinical Teaching Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Primary Care; Health Inequalities; Inclusion Health
- Email: G.K.Ashwell@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 10.30 Worsley Building
I joined the Academic Unit of Primary Care at the University of Leeds as a Clinical Teaching Fellow in 2017. I principally teach Primary Care in years 3 and 4. My main academic interests are in medical education, social justice and medicine and health inequalities.
I work as a General Practitioner and Trainer at a practice in central Bradford where my main clinical work is caring for those experiencing homelessness, asylum seekers and refugees and women involved in prostitution. I am the clinical lead of the Bradford Street Medicine Team, which takes healthcare out to homeless people where they are in the city. I also work for Freedom From Torture writing medico-legal reports for victims of torture.
- BSc International Health
- PGC Primary Care Ed
- DRCOG, DFSRH
- Royal College of General Practitioners
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare
My teaching role in the School of Medicine is principally year 3 and year 4 Primary Care. I am also involved in teaching Intercalated BSc students, physicians associates and dental students.