Mr Noel Aruparayil
Out of Programme Research (OOPR) from Higher Surgical Training (General Surgery) with NIHR funded Global Health Research Group - Surgical Technologies.
Co-Primary Investigator on projects to evaluate training and outcomes of gasless laparoscopic surgery in Rural North-East India
PhD on developing a framework for adoption and implementation of laparoscopic surgery in LMICs
- Supervision for BSc students and AFP projects in Global Surgery
I am working closely with the following teams:
1) Academic Unit of Health Economics we are exploring the cost-effectiveness of this technique.
2) Clinical Trials Research Unit - setting up GILLS Registry to inform future feasibility studies and trials
3) Nuffield Centre for International Health and Development - qualitative studies in access to surgery and evaluating a training programme for GILLS technique
4) School of Mechanical Engineering/School of Electronics and Electrical Engineering - improving GILLS lift device design and constructing low-cost laparoscopic simulators
- M.D (Hons)
- PGCert in Health Research
- Member of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Medical Protection Society
Co-supervisor for BSc/MSc projects and AFP placements on Global Surgery related topics related to training and diagnostics for abdominal conditions in LMICs setting.
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Medical Research at St James's