Mr Noel Aruparayil
I completed my primary medical qualification M.D (Hons) with Tver State Medical University, Russia. I was also awarded a Certificate (Dist) in Russian Langauge with Teaching Qualification.
Currently, I have taken time Out of Programme Research (OOPR) from my Higher Surgical Training (General Surgery) to pursue a PhD in Global Surgery with NIHR funded Global Health Research Group - Surgical Technologies.
My PhD evaluates minimal access surgery using Gas Insufflation Less Laparoscopic Surgery (GILLS) technique in Rural India.
I am working closely with the following teams:
1) Academic Unit of Health Economics we are exploring the cost-effectiveness of this technique.
2) Clinical Trials Research Unit - setting up GILLS Registry to inform future feasibility studies and trials
3) Nuffield Centre for International Health and Development - qualitative studies in access to surgery and evaluating training programme for GILLS technique
4) School of Mechanical Engineering/School of Electronics and Electrical Engineering - improving GILLS lift device design and constructing low-cost laparoscopic simulators
- M.D (Hons)
- PGCert in Health Research
- Member of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Medical Protection Society
Co-supervisor for medical student and academic foundation programme trainees in projects related to Global Surgery
Organising and delivering surgical education to medical students - Cutting Edge Surgical Society
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Medical Research at St James's