- Email: L.J.McLarty1@leeds.ac.uk
- Thesis title: Understanding inequities in accessing antenatal services: a realist evaluation of take up of community-based antenatal projects
- Supervisor: Dr Susanne Coleman, Rebecca Hawkins, Rosie McEachan, Gill Thornton
I joined the Leeds Institute of Clinical Trials Research in February 2019 as a PhD student. My study is being conducted in Bradford and is a realist evaluation of the take up of Better Start Bradford’s community antenatal programmes.
Previous to joining LICTR, I worked in social and commercial research for 20 years, at various private sector consultancies. I also have my own research business. With an MA in Social and Public Policy, I have a passion for understanding more about families’ experiences of services and their access to a range of different provision. I am also interested in how this can impact on their life chances. My PhD is enabling me to further my evaluation experience with the use of theoretical frameworks and the application of systems thinking in stakeholder research.
Rapid Realist Review
- MA Social & Public Policy
- BA (Hons) Social Pollicy & Administration
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Clinical Trials Research
- Complex Interventions Division