UK-China Health and Economy Partnership Workshop – The Health Economics of Diagnostic Tests and Screening Programmes
- Date: Tuesday 23 March 2021, 08:20 – 11:20
- Location: Online event
- Cost: No charge
The workshop will explore the key health economic arguments surrounding the implementation of diagnostic tools and screening programmes.
The workshop activities will demonstrate how concepts of sensitivity and specificity and prevalence fit within the internationally recognised economic evaluation framework used for more traditional treatments.
Presentations will be given by leading experts in health economics and diagnostic and screening evaluation methodologies and the sessions will be chaired by Partnership Leads, Professors Hengjin Dong (Zhejiang University) and Chris Bojke (University of Leeds).
The presenters are:
• Professor Chris Bojke, University of Leeds
• Professor Hengjin Dong, Zhejiang University
• Professor Shuyan Gu, Nanjing University
• Dr Yuanyuan Li, Zhejiang University
• Dr Alison Smith, University of Leeds
• Dr Weijia Wu, Zhejiang University
• Dr Zixuan Zhao, Zhejiang University
• Dr Bethany Shinkins, University of Leeds
• Dr Xueshan Sun Zhejiang University
• Professor Darrin Baines, University of Bournemouth
The workshop will take place on 23rd – 25th March 2021. The workshop will take place in person at Zhejiang University and online throughout China and the UK. Attendance is by invitation only, but all materials will be available online.