Photodynamic Therapy Symposium 2019
- Date: Monday 9 December 2019
- Location: Cloth Hall Court, Leeds, Quebec Street
- Cost: Please see registrant rates below
This one-day event with International scientists and clinical specialists in Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) will provide an insight into the science and clinical aspect of this revolutionary treatment. It
About this event
This one-day event with International scientists and clinical specialists in Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) will provide an insight into the science and clinical aspect of this revolutionary treatment. It also looks at the trends and future research.
There are ample opportunities for discussion for both newcomers to the specialty and also those with experience. Please click here to view the provisional programme. Please note, this symposium carries 6 CPE points.
Understand the scientific basis of PDT and its application in a range of conditions including local infection, surgical site infections and some common cancers, including skin, lung and head and neck cancers.
- Know about the benefits of PDT in clinical practice.
- Understand the difference and similarities between photodiagnosis (PD) and photodynamic therapy (PDT).
- Have opportunity to network with scientists and clinicians engaged in, or interested in PDT and PD.
- To learn about some of the ongoing research in pre-clinical and clinical settings.
- Professor Keyvan Moghissi, Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon and Clinical Director, Yorkshire Laser Centre. Professor Moghissi is recognized as one of the UK's leading Cardio thoracic Surgeons.
- Professor Mark Wainwright, Professor of Chemistry, Liverpool John Moores University. Professor Wainwright has worked on the application of photoantimicrobials for 25 years.
- Dr Nicolas Loebel, Chief Technology Officer and President, Ondine Biochemical Inc., Canada. Dr Loebel specialises in product research and development, photochemistry and system integration.
- Professor Xiuli Wang, Head of PDT Dermatology in Shanghai. She has extensively lectured in USA, Britain and Germany.
- Dr Ron Allison is an eminent American Oncologist in North Carolina and he is currently the Editor of the journal Photodiagnosis and Photodynamic Therapy
- Professor Heinrich Walt, Group Leader of Oral Oncology Research with considerable experience in PDT, University Hospital Zurich.
- Mr Colin Hopper, Senior Lecturer and Consultant in maxi facial surgery and acknowledge expert in PDT in Head and Neck, University College London.
- Professor Zheng Huang, Professor and Director, R&D Center for Medical Photonics, Fujian Normal University, Fuzhou, China.
- Consultant Registration £60.00
- Post Doc Registration £40.00
- Student Registration £15.00
Venue and Accommodation
The symposium will take place in Cloth Hall Court on Quebec Street in Leeds City Centre, a 2 minute walk from Leeds Train Station. Accommodation is available to book through our partner organisation Conference Leeds. For any queries please contact Corin Nanton email@example.com