Medicine CL Fund
- Summary: These scholarships are available to home, EU and international students at the University of Leeds who are intercalating at undergraduate level and studying at the School of Medicine. This award provides a grant of £1,000 and has five places available.
- UK/International: All countries
- Value - what money is on offer: £1,000
- Who is eligible: Only applicable to intercalating University of Leeds students. This award will be made to support 5 students who wish to intercalate onto a BSc programme for a year.
How to apply
This award is available to University of Leeds MBChB students pursuing an intercalating programme study at the University of Leeds.
There is no need to apply, application is automatic. For the purpose of making awards to medical students who are intercalating, the School ranks students within the year cohort according to the score achieved in the most recent Integrated Summative Examination (ISE). Students in Year 1-4 of the MBChB programme take ISEs at the end of each year of study.
It is the highest ranking in the relevant ISE which determines the recipient of the above awards.
Recipients of the awards will be required to write to the donor to thank them/the family where appropriate and to state what programme and research they are taking. In the future, recipients may also be invited to provide the School with an annual update of their career. Recipients are asked to acknowledge the award in oral presentations and project reports.
How are the scholarships awarded?
The CL Fund offers a number of Scholarships. These include:
1) £1,000 awarded to the highest ranking student taking BSc International Health as an intercalated programme.
2) £1,000 awarded to the highest ranking student taking BSc Clinical Anatomy as an intercalated programme.
3) £1,000 awarded to the highest ranking Year 2 student taking any University of Leeds BSc intercalated programme.
4) £1,000 awarded to the highest ranking Year 3 student taking any University of Leeds BSc intercalated programme.
5) £1,000 awarded to the highest ranking Year 4 student taking any University of Leeds BSc intercalated programme.
The award is based on a student's MBChB performance in the year prior to intercalation and is awarded at the start of the intercalated year. No student will receive two awards; the student will always receive the greater monetary award and the second award will be re-awarded to the next appropriate student.
Number of scholarships available
Please note that if there are students from different year groups on this programme, the award will be divided equally between the highest ranking students in each year group within the programme. In addition, the amounts were correct at the time of publication, but that all scholarships are subject to affordability and future funding.