- Position: Lecturer (Adult Nursing)
- Areas of expertise: Critical care nursing; assessment of the acutely ill patient; rehabilitation post-critical illness; psychological impact of critical illness, resuscitation.
- Email: A.M.Teece@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1199
- Location: 1.07 Baines Wing
- Website: Twitter | ORCID
Angela Teece qualified as a nurse in 2008 and has a background in spinal injuries and adult critical care nursing. She has a special interest in the psychological impact of critical illness and was involved in the introduction of patient diaries and a follow-up group to support discharged patients in her previous clinical role. Angela joined the University of Leeds in 2016 as a lecturer and PhD student. She currently teaches on a number of pre-registration modules.
Angela is currently conducting a PhD focussed on an exploration of how nurses make the decision to restrain a patient with hyperactive delirium in critical care.
- BA (Hons) English
- BMedSci (Hons) Adult Nursing
- MSc Advancing Professional Practice (Nursing)
- PG Cert Education (NMC registered educator)
- Registered Adult Nurse (NMC)
- Immediate Life Support Instructor (RCUK)
Research groups and institutes
- Mental health
- Mental health (Healthcare)