Ms Lisa Forbes Grant
- Position: Lecturer in Mental Health (T&S)
- Areas of expertise: Child and Adolescent Mental Health; Infant Mental Health; Early Intervention in Mental Health; Restorative Practice; Systemic Approaches to Care.
- Email: L.ForbesGrant@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 1.29 Baines Wing
I started my academic career in 2020, working as a Lecturer of Nursing and supporting nursing apprentices. I moved to the University of Leeds in 2022 to take up the role of Lecturer in Mental Health Nursing.
Prior to this, I qualified as a Mental Health Nurse in 2005 and worked in Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services from 2005 to 2014. After developing an interest in early intervention, I completed an MSc in Specialist Community Public Health Nursing and Qualified as a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (Health Visitor) in 2016.
I worked in the community, supporting familes as a health visitor for a couple of years before undertaking the role of Practice Devlopment Lead in Children’s Social Care. Within this role I was involved in the development and implementation of an Innovation Project, aiming to improve outcomes for children and young people by embedding a culture of restoartive practice.
In June 2020, I was awarded the Queen’s Nurse Title in June 2020 in recognition of providing high standards of care and continually improving practice.
- Module Lead
- MSc Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (Health Visitor)
- Graduate Diploma Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- BSc (Hons) Mental Health Nursing
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Queen's Nursing Institute