Professor Anne-Maree Keenan OBE
- Position: Professorof Applied Health Research
- Areas of expertise: Musculoskeletal conditions; foot and lower limb pathologies; osteoarthritis; Rasch analysis; quality of life; structured equation modelling.
- Email: A.Keenan@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1238
- Location: Room 1.12 Baines Wing
Anne-Maree is Chair of Applied Health Research and since 2008, the Assistant Director of the National Institute for Health Research’s Leeds Biomedical Centre. After qualifying as a podiatrist in Melbourne, Anne-Maree worked in public and private sector podiatry positions, while also teaching at La Trobe University and then the University of Western Sydney. Anne-Maree left Sydney and moved to Leeds in 2002 where she was employed as a Research Fellow in the Academic Unit of Rheumatology at the University of Leeds. With 25 years of applied health research, with experience in a variety of research methodologies, including randomised controlled trials, structural equation modelling, prevalence studies and qualitative methodology.
Anne-Maree has been the BRC's Training Lead since 2011 and Deputy Chair of the NIHR Infrastructure Training Forum, which works across the NIHR Infrastructure to support the development of our research trainees. Together with Dr Jackie Andrews, Anne-Maree is co-chair of the Leeds Female Leaders Network, supporting and developing female leaders across University of Leeds and the Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust. Anne-Maree has been heavily inolved in the School of Medicine and the School of Healthcare's successful Athena SWAN Silver awards. Anne-Maree was awarded an OBE for services to podiatry in the 2018 Queens Birthday Honours List.
- Assistant Director and Training Lead for the NIHR Leeds BRC
- Research Theme Lead: Longterm Conditions, School of Healthcare
- NIHR Senior Investigator
Working across the School of Healthcare, the School of Medicine and the NIHR Leeds Biomedical Research Centre (BRC), Anne-Maree research is around supporting multi-disciplinary research which improves the health of people with musculoskeletal disease. Her research interests have focussed on foot and lower limb pathology, with an emphasis on physical interventions. Anne-Maree also has an interest in understanding the physical and psychosocial impact of people with osteoarthritis and other musculoskeletal diseases.
- PhD (Medicine, University of Leeds)
- MAppSc (LaTrobe University)
- BAppSc (Podiatry, Lincoln Institute of Health Sciences)
- Fellow of the College of Podiatric Medicine
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (Faculty of Podiatry) Glasgow
I am inovled in teaching in the undergraduate adult nursing course's long term conditions module. I also work closely with staff across the Faculty and with our NHS partners in supporting those who are preparing NIHR fellowship applications.<h4>Postgraduate research opportunities</h4> <p>We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our <a href="https://medicinehealth.leeds.ac.uk/research-opportunities">research opportunities</a> allow you to search for projects and scholarships.</p>