Dr Angela Graves
- Position: Associate Professor (Maternal Care)
- Areas of expertise: midwifery; health professional education; simulation; obstetric emergencies; critical events; enhanced maternal care; infant nutrition.
- Email: A.Graves@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1356
- Location: 1.25 Baines Wing
- Website: LinkedIn | ORCID | White Rose
I am an Associate Professor in Maternal Care, with a BSc and MSc in Midwifery and a PhD in health professional education with a focus on simulation, obstetric emergencies, critical events and enhanced maternal care.
I have led simulation-based learning and teaching within the School and secured Office for Student (OfS) funding to develop simulated/blended learning within our specially designed skills and simulation suite.
With a clinical background in nursing and midwifery I am a visiting Associate Professor at UNISA Yogyakarta, Indonesia (since 2019) I have recently re-developed the BSc (Hons) Midwifery blended degree programme with successful funding from Health Education England.
- Head of School
I was awarded my PhD in 2016.
My research interest is focussed on juxtaposing theoretical and professional perspectives relating to professional clinical skills and simulation-based training and education.
- Senior Fellow Higher Education Academy
- Post Graduate Certificate in Clinical Education
- Masters in Midwifery
- BSc (Hons) Midwifery
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
Prior to moving into the Head of School role I was Driector of Practice for the School and also Lead Midwife for Education.
I act as academic supervisor for undergraduate and postgraduate research dissertations and EdD and PhD students.
Research groups and institutes
- Maternal, child and family health