- Position: Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: healthcare ethics & law; proxy decision making & dementia care; professional conduct & regulation; transition from nursing student to registrant.
- Email: H.M.Convey@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1308
- Location: 2.17 Baines Wing
I am a Lecturer and a PhD student in the School of Healthcare. My academic interests and research activities focus on ethical practice, decision-making, professional conduct and innovation in learning and teaching.
I hold a Developmental University Student Education Fellowship, for excellence in learning and teaching. As part of my Fellowship, I developed and implemented a learning and teaching strategy to support BSc Adult Nursing students in their transition to a registered practitioner. I have experience as a Registrant Conduct and Competency Committee Panellist at the Nursing and Midwifery Council. I teach healthcare ethics and law across a range of professional groups and I am the Chair of the School of Healthcare Research Ethics Committee.
- Chair of the School of Healthcare Research Ethics Committee
- Module Leader
Research groups and institutes
- People, systems and services