Professor Philip HOWARD OBE
- Position: Visiting Professor
- Areas of expertise: Antimicrobial stewardship; antimicrobial resistance
- Email: P.Howard@leeds.ac.uk
- Website: Twitter | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
Consultant Antimicrobial Pharmacist at Leeds Teaching Hospitals since 2009.
NHS-Improvement National Antimicrobial Resistance Project Lead since 2014
President of British Society of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (global antibiotic charity)
Royal Pharmaceutical Society Expert Advisory Group on AMR and Spokesman.
UK Clinical Pharmacy Association (UKCPA) - Trustee and Pharmacy Infection Network committee member.
International Pharmaceutical Federation - AMR Policy spokesman.
European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID) Antimicrobial Stewardship Group (ESGAP)
Antimicrobial shortages (EU-COST CA15105 Medicine Shortages)
Research groups and institutes
- Infection and antimicrobial resistance
- Medicines optimisation