I joined the team at Health Data Research UK (HDR UK) North and DATA-CAN Partnership last summer and am now Data Services Manager based in the Faculty of Medicine and Health. Key areas of responsiblity are the delivery of the DATA-CAN Partnership trusted research environment and programme management for Health Data Research UK North Design Authority. Areas of expertise are:
- programme delivery
- project management
- data services management
- transformation programmes
- member of both the Government Project Delivery Profession and the Government Property Profession and continue to undertake Gateway Reviews for the Infrastructure & Projects Authority as an accredited Senior High Risk Review Team Leader.
- Vice President of the Ad-Hoc Committee on Buildings and UK Government Representative, Council of Europe (since October 2018 – term of office as President from March 2016 to October 2018)
Previous roles include:
- Running an art gallery in the Brecon Beacons from aummer 2019 to spring 2021.
- Deputy Director Portfolio Management Division at the Office for National Statistics looking after the portfolio and as Head of Profession for Project Delivery.
- Director of Estates & Operations, at the National Portrait Gallery.
- Head of Programme Delivery, Estates & Security Directorate at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office overseeing Programme Delivery and Project Management until the end of September 2016, I was Senior Responsible Owner for two Government Major Projects Portfolio (GMPP) schemes.
- Senior Project Manager with Mace International, seconded to the Foreign & Commonwealth Office as Project Sponsor for the UK Estates Reform Project.
- Head of Category Management, Place & Projects, at Medway Council I helped establish a new team to deliver consistent project management and procurement processes across £230 million of external third party spend focussing on protecting front line services and seeking improvements to service delivery.
- Freelance management consultant specialising in programme management and public sector consultancy.
- Work at various architectural practices from 1984 until 1993.
- I have had a wide-ranging career as a chartered architect, construction lawyer, programme and project manager, coach and resources expert.
- HDRUK North Design Authority
- DATA-CAN TRE programme manager
- Data services management for LIMR
- Major Projects Leadership Academy, University of Oxford
- MSc Construction Law & Arbitration
- Postgraduate Diploma in Development Management
- Certificate in Arbitration Practice
- BA(Hons) and BArch(Hons) - Chartered Architect
- Registered Architect (retired)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (retired)
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Medical Research at St James's