Dental Lecture Theatre reopens after refurbishment
The Dental Lecture Theatre has undergone an innovative transformation and will open its doors for teaching this week.
Over the last 3 months, the lecture theatre has been completely redesigned and refurbished to enable discussions alongside the use of state of the art technology, allowing group work, interaction, communication and recording.
This combination of physical space changes and innovative use of digital technology is sector leading and gives the School of Dentistry a distinctive edge to support the student experience. lt will enable students to collaborate more effectively in groups and will present opportunities for lecturers to explore more innovative ways of teaching to enhance the learning experience for students.
The new facilities in the lecture theatre include:
- Mixed format furniture, consisting of 5-person group working clusters and didactic mode seating to the rear
- AV, including linked touch screen and delegate system, integrated within each seating cluster
- New teaching wall with dual projection
- Improved disabled access with 2 dedicated wheelchair spaces
- New finishes, including timber slatted acoustic ceiling and acoustic wall panelling
We are thrilled with the results of the transformation, and we are looking forward to seeing the enhancements in the teaching and learning experience for both staff and students.
This project is part of the £520M investment being made in a transformative campus development programme. For more information please visit the Campus Development website.