Leeds Doctoral Scholarships and Leeds International Scholarships
New Scholarships available for 2017
Leeds Doctoral Scholarships
The University is offering Leeds Doctoral Scholarships and Leeds International Scholarships to prospective students for 2017. The deadline is 10 March 2017 (1700 UK time).
The UK/EU Scholarships Successful applicants will receive payment to cover their University tuition fees up to three years, along with a maintenance grant matching the Research Council UK rate (£14,296 for 2016/17).
- be a UK/EU or International fee-paying applicant
- have achieved at least a First Class Honours degree or are applicants who have a 2.1 as those who have postgraduate degrees*
- meet the English Language requirements of your programme of study if English is not your first language (UK/EU applicants - prior to or at registration; international applications - by the relevant scholarship deadline)
- not have already been awarded or are currently studying for a doctoral degree
- not already be in receipt of a doctoral scholarship
- have submitted a research degree application form and be in receipt of a student ID number
*Candidates with a lower mark in their undergraduate degree will be considered if they have or are expecting to receive a Distinction in a Master’s programme relevant to their field of research, or if they can demonstrate relevant alternative experience (eg in industry or business, or a practice-based PhD, in the creative arts).
How to apply
- First read the Research Scholarships on offer for Session 2017/18 at http://scholarships.leeds.ac.uk/
- Then visit the applications page to Apply for a scholarship.Postgraduate Scholarships for International Applicants
The University offers a wide range of Taught and Research Postgraduate Scholarships for study at Leeds for international students from partial fee awards to full scholarships covering fees and maintenance grants and other allowances. Scholarships are very competitive and it is important to make enquiries and apply to all possible sources of funding at an early stage.
IMPORTANT to be eligible to apply for a postgraduate scholarship you MUST first submit a study application form(taught or research) and be in receipt of a University Student ID number. Your application will be rejected if you do not have a valid University Student ID number.
How to apply
Research Applicants can apply online at https://www.leeds.ac.uk/info/130206/applying/91/applying_for_research_degrees
Taught Postgraduate Applicants can apply online at http://www.leeds.ac.uk/students/apply.htm