CANCELLED - Leeds Unit for Complex Interventions Development (LUCID) launch event
- Date: Wednesday 22 April 2020, 10:30 – 16:00
- Location: Worsley Medical LT (7.35)
- Cost: N/a
The Leeds Unit for Complex Intervention Development team (LUCID; https://bit.ly/35oINWF) invite you to an event exploring new frontiers in the methodology of developing and optimising complex interventions in health care settings. The morning is free to attend. We will explore methodological opportunities and challenges for researchers and clinicians developing complex health care interventions. Key note speakers will present on topics including:
- New frontiers for quantitative methods to develop and optimise interventions
- The importance of considering issues of implementation from the outset
- How intervention development may need to be adapted for global health settings
In the afternoon delegates will be offered a choice of two ‘mini-master class’ workshops providing an introduction to key methodological issues of importance to academics and clinicians interested in designing complex health care interventions.
Up to eight workshops are planned on diverse topics:
- Using logic models and programme theory
- Involving patients and the public in intervention design
- Behaviour change – a guide to theory, frameworks and taxonomies
- Design and designers in intervention development
- Designing patient decision aids
- Designing interventions in global health
- Optimising interventions using trial designs – introducing MOST & factorial designs.
- Deciding when an intervention is ready for testing in a definitive RCT
Please note places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
A small fee of £50 will be charged to workshop delegates to cover the cost of hosting the workshops, this will also include lunch and refreshments.