Biochemistry and molecular biology
- Overview: The Biochemistry and molecular biology facilities at the School of Dentistry feature state of the art technologies.
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology facilities include:
- FLPC chromatography
- Proteomics (1D/2D PAGE, western blotting, gel documentation and analysis)
- Preparative electrophoresis
- ELISA; UV/fluorescence/luminescence/visible light micro plate analysis
- Freeze drying
- Inorganic analysis (colorimetric and ion selective electrodes)
- Surface plasmon resonance (Biacore)
- Gene expression (including quantitative PCR)
- Recombinant DNA technology
- Quartz Crystal Microbalance (QCM)
Find out more about our Biochemistry and molecular biology facilities
If you would like to find out more about our facilities in analytical biochemistry/post genomics, please contact Dr Sarah Myers.