Dr Asmaa Al-Taie
- Position: Clinical Lecturer and Honorary Consultant in Restorative Dentistry
- Areas of expertise: Restorative Dentistry, Prosthodontics, Tooth Wear, Dental Materials
- Email: A.Altaie@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: Worsley Building
I am a Clinical Lecturer and Honorary Consultant in Restorative Dentistry at the School of Dentistry, University of Leeds. I completed my MSc with distinction and PhD in field of resin composite materials at Leeds. I also completed 5 years specialist training programme in Restorative Dentistry at the Leeds Dental Institute and I was awarded the Fellowship in Restorative Dentistry and Membership in Prosthodontics from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, I was also awarded the prestigious Tyson Medal for the most meritorious performance in the Prosthodontics speciality exam.
I am actively involved in research in the field of dental materials, resin composites, adhesion, light curing and amalgam alternatives as well as clinical solutions in Prosthodontics with emphasis on digital workflows in dentistry. Clinically I have an interest in rehabilitating tooth surface loss patients with direct resin composites and all aspects of fixed and removable Prosthodontics and I am currently the clinical lead for tooth wear. I am also involved in undergraduate and postgraduate education and supervision of postgraduate projects including MSc and PhD students as well as acting internal and external examiner.
My research interests are in the field of dental materials, resin composites, light curing and amalgam alternatives as well as clinical solutions in Prosthodontics with emphasis on digital workflows in dentistry.
- FDS (Rest. Dent) RCS (Ed) and MPros RCS (Ed)
- MSc (Distinction)
- MFDS RCS (Ed)
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Society of Prosthodontics
- British Society of Oral and Dental Research
- MSc and PhD supervisor
- External Examiner for the MSc in Dental Materials for the University of Birmingham
- External examiner for UCL and KCL
- Joint module lead
Research groups and institutes
- Translational and clinical research