Professor Michael Manogue
- Position: Professor of Dental Education
- Areas of expertise: Clinical assessment in Dentistry; curriculum design; Objective Structured Clinical Examinations
- Email: M.Manogue@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 6.99 Worsley Building
Professor Michael Manogue BDS, MDSc, PhD, FDS, MRD, DRD RCS (Ed), NTF, FHEA
Primary research theme: Dental Education Research and Scholarship
Michael Manogue graduated in Dental Surgery with Commendation from the University of Dundee in 1982. He was the Faculty of Medicine and Health’s Pro Dean for Student Education between 2000 and 2003 and the Director of Student Education at the University of Leeds School of Dentistry between 2004 and 2020, with a break between 2011-2014. He led the implementation and review of a major undergraduate curriculum change and the creation of a flagship Integrated Masters Degree in Dental Surgery, the first in the UK.
He worked in various hospital posts for five years after graduation, in General Dental practice for a further three and arrived in Leeds in 1989 as an MDSc student. His academic career began here in 1993 as a Lecturer in Restorative Dentistry, becoming a Senior Lecturer in 2000 Professor of Dental Education in 2006.
He was the Editor in Chief of the European Journal of Dental Education for 11 years and retains one PhD student in Dental Education.
Current Postgraduate Research Degree Supervision
Eman Alsharafi: Preditability and fairness of the admission process in Dental Surgery (co-supervised with Dr Gail Nicholls)
- School of Dentistry
Management and Leadership in Dentistry
Haptic technology in dental education
Admission to dental school
- FDS, MRD, DRD (RCSEd)
- FHEA, NTF
- British Endodontic Society
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Society for Restorative Dentistry
- British Dental Association
- Association for Dental Education in Europe
- General Dental Council
His role in the school is now principally advisory, though he retains some academic teaching responsibilities.