I qualified as an RGN (Adult) in 2005. During my nursing career, I have working in various acute and critical care settings holding senior clinical nursing and education positions within the NHS. After completing my PGCE in Clinical Education in 2015, I accepted a post at the School of Dentistry as a Clinical Skills facilitator delivering Dental Medical Emergencies Training to undergraduate and postgraduate Dentists, undergraduate Hygeine Therapists and CPD courses the Leeds Dental institute staff and community dental teams via Health Education England. I have since completed a Mastered in Clinical Education.
In addition to my teaching role, I hold a Quality Assurance role within the NHS with a focus on patient safety issues in relation to emergency management. I this role I have directly influence patient safety policy and procedure with the Leeds Dental Institute.
- Dental Medical Emergencies Programme Lead
- New ways of measuring cognitive load
- Cognitive load measures used to inform instructional design
- Undergraduate perceptions of the Dental Medical emergencies Programme
- Registered General Nurse (Adult)
- BSc Hons in Healthcare Studies
- PGCE in Clinical Education
I provide Dental Medical Emergencies Training to undergraduate and postgraduate Dentists, and undergraduate Hygeine Therapists.