- Position: Research and Innovation Officer
- Email: J.K.McDermott@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 6210
- Location: 6.96 Worsley Building
Since joining the School of Dentistry in 2002, I have gained a wide range of knowledge and expertise across the areas of student education and research and innovation. As Research and Innovation Officer I am responsible for the operational management of research and innovation activities as well as supporting the School’s research planning for the delivery of high quality research. Some of my key responsibilities include:
- Development and management of robust and effective processes to support academics and researchers across the School.
- Contribute towards the development of academics and researchers through organisation and delivery of training.
- Manage the administrative delivery for the assessment of research performance including REF and Open Access.
- Manage the operational delivery of School level processes to monitor and improve quality of research governance and ethics across the School.
- Lead and manage the operational delivery of the Dental Research Ethics Committee (DREC), providing specialist knowledge and guidance for ethics applications and ethical processes.
- Manage, implement and oversee the delivery PGR processes to enhance student recruitment and improve PGR experience.
- Co-ordinate School research activities, including management of events, research conferences and marketing material.
- NVQ Level 3 Administration