- Position: Clinical Skills Facilities Manager
- Email: M.Devlin@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 6142
- Location: 6 133 c Worsley
I left school in 1980 and started an engineering apprenticeship with Joseph Rhodes engineering Wakefield.
After being made redundant I joined Leeds dental institute in december 1984 as the dental instrument curator for the NHS, repairing the dental handpieces and instruments.
I progressed to repairing the dental chairs, autoclave machines and laboratory equipment before joining the University dental school 9 years ago, maintaining the phantom heads and handpieces and lab equipment.
I was promoted 3 years ago to the department manager, where I am to this day.
- Manage the day to day running of the dental clinical skills labratories
- Responsible for the maintenance of the laboratories
From time to time I design and manufacture bespoke engineering projects for PhD and dental students alike and was involved in the design and manufacture of the prototype 3d scanner, which the final version is now going into production to be used in other dental schools.
- city and guilds mechanical engineering
- city and guilds engineering drawing
- city and guilds steam and vacuum sterilizer maintenance
- various dental equipent repair and technology certificates with various manufacturers
- city and guilds skills test
I instruct the students and staff on the safe and proper use of the dental equipment in clinical skills.