- Position: Honorary Lecturer
- Email: S.K.Barber@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: Level 6 Worsley Building
I completed my Bachelor of Dental Surgey (BDS) in Sheffield in 2008 then gained experiecne in clinical dentistry through posts in general practice, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Paediatric and Special Care Dentistry. In 2011 I entered the orthodontic specialist training programme in Leeds, which included completion of an MSc with distinction in 2013 at the University of Leeds. I completed orthodontic specialist training in 2014 following successful in the Membership in Orthodontics examination at The Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh.
In 2014 I started an academic senior registrar post in Leeds and was successful in gaining an NIHR Doctoral Research Fellowship in 2015. My PhD research is investigating adolescent and parent decision-making in hypodontia. I plan to complete my PhD in early 2019 and will then finish my final year of senior training.
- Shared decision-making
- Discrete Choice Experiments (DCE)
- Health service research
- BDS (Sheffield, 2008)
- MSc (Leeds, 2013)
- PG Certificate in Health Research (Leeds, 2017)
- British Orthodontic Society
- European Orthodontic Society
- Society for Medical Decision-Making