Mr Mikolaj Kowal
- Position: NIHR Academic Clinical Fellow in General Surgery
- Areas of expertise: general surgery; surgical technologies; systematic reviews; clinical trials
- Email: M.Kowal@leeds.ac.uk
- Website: Web of Science | Twitter | LinkedIn | ORCID
I am an Academic Clinical Fellow in General Surgery based in Leeds. I graduated from the University of Manchester School of Medicine in 2019.
Following completion of the Academic Foundation Programme, I have continued on the NIHR academic pathway with a research focus in colorectal surgery and surgical technologies.
My research is primarly aimed at post-operative recovery and patient monitoring.
My current work involves the use of novel technologies to monitor bowel function post-operatively, investigated through early exploratory and clinical trials.
- MBChB (Hons)
- PGCert with Merit in Health Research
Research groups and institutes
- Academic Surgery Colorectal Research Group