Dr Faisal Mushtaq
- Position: Associate Professor
- Areas of expertise: Cognitive Neuroscience; Psychology; Learning; Decision Making; Sensorimotor; EEG; Virtual Reality; VR; Augmented Reality; AR
- Email: F.Mushtaq@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 6640
- Location: Room 2.07 School of Psychology
- Website: | Twitter | ORCID
Dr Faisal Mushtaq is a cognitive neuroscientist, whose research examines interactions between action and cognition in human reinforcement learning and decision-making.
Dr Mushtaq is currently an Associate Professor in the School of Psychology and holds a Turing Institute Fellowship. He also leads the Immersive Cognition (ICON) Research Group and is Associate Director of the Centre for Immersive Technologies at the University of Leeds.
- Associate Director, Centre for Immersive Technologies
- Alan Turing Institute Fellow
Mushtaq's research sits at the interface between psychology, engineering and computer science and takes a multi-modal approach to understanding the relationship between action and cognition; from capturing neural activity (primarily EEG) and behavioural markers of performance using Virtual and Augmented Reality technology in laboratory-controlled environments through to extracting measures of performance in the real world from large-scale datasets. Mushtaq has also been driving forward the application of principles from cognitive science to real world contexts to accelerate the acquisition of skilled behaviour - from surgeons performing minimally invasive surgery through to facilitating human-like decision-making in robots.
- British Standards Institute
- EPSRC Human-Like Computing Network
- BMJ STEL Editorial Board