Professor Anna Madill
- Position: Professor
- Areas of expertise: qualitative methods; visual methods; global mental health; well-being; gender and sexuality; women's erotica; yaoi; Boys' Love manga
- Email: A.L.Madill@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 5750
- Location: Room 1.08 Psychology Building
- Website: Project Resilience | Academia.edu | Twitter | Googlescholar | ORCID
Anna Madill is a Fellow of the British Psychological Society and of the Academy of Social Sciences. She Co-Founded and Chaired (2008-11) the British Psychological Society Qualitative Methods in Psychology Section. Anna Madill is on the Editorial Board of the journals Qualitative Psychology, and Qualitative Research in Psychology. She is former Chair of the Crohn's and Colitis UK 'Living with Inflammatory Bowel Disease' Research Awards Committee.
- School Internationalisation Lead
Anna Madill's research is broadly in the field of 'well-being,' gender and sexuality. She specializes in qualitative methods with a particular interest in visual approaches. Her projects include as Principal Investigaor on an ESRC/AHRC GCRF Mental Health project in Assam, India called 'The Big Picture' (www.projectresilience.co.uk) and a EPSRC GCRF seed-funded Challenge Cluster on Mainstreaming Global Mental Health.
- Fellow of the British Psychological Society
- Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences
I am module leader for Level 2 Psychological Disorders and for the Level 1 practical on qualitative methods and contribute to research methods teaching. I supervise projects at all levels.
Research groups and institutes
- Health and social psychology