Professor Anna Madill
- Position: Professor
- Areas of expertise: qualitative methods; visual methods; mental health; well-being; gender and sexuality; women's erotica; yaoi; Boys' Love manga
- Email: A.L.Madill@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 5750
- Location: Room 1.08 Psychology Building
- Website: Project Resilience | Academia.edu | Twitter | Googlescholar | ORCID
Anna Madill is a Fellow of the British Psychological Society and of the Academy of Social Sciences. She Co-Founded and Chaired (2008-11) the British Psychological Society Qualitative Methods in Psychology Section. Anna Madill is on the Editorial Board of the British Journal of Clinical Psychology, Qualitative Psychology, and Qualitative Research in Psychology. She is former Chair of the Crohn's and Colitis UK 'Living with Inflammatory Bowel Disease' Research Awards Committee.
- Deputy Head of School of Psychology
- School Athena SWAN Champion
- School Internationalisation Lead
Anna Madill's research is broadly in the field of 'well-being,' gender and sexuality. She specializes in qualitative methods with a particular interest in visual approaches. Her projects include research funded by the British Academy on Boys' Love manga and is the Principal Investigator on an ESRC/AHRC GCRF Mental Health project in Assam, India called 'The Big Picture' (www.projectresilience.co.uk).
- Fellow of the British Psychological Society
- Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences
I am module leader for Level 2 Psychological Disorders and lead the Level 2 practical on qualitative methods. I supervise projects at all levels.
Research groups and institutes
- Health and social psychology