Liz graduated from Leeds Beckett University with a MSc degree in Psychology - conversion award in November 2018. This was successfully completed to undergo a career change from Liz's previous work history in learning and development, within the financial services industry. Her extensive background and experience in training and development has been transferable to the teaching of Psychology to undergraduates at Leeds University.
- Seminar and tutorial leader for psychology undergraduate modules
- Delivery of teaching and support sessions for research skills
- Assessing and providing feedback to students about assessments
Liz's research is embedded within the fields of health psychology and public health. In particular, her research investigates health inequalities in relation to bowel cancer prevention. Liz's PhD research explores the effectiveness of interventions which address the barriers and facilitators that influence people's decision-making processes in relation to bowel cancer screening. Her research aims to investigate barriers and associated factors affecting bowel cancer screening intention and uptake, especially amongst low uptake groups. Her dual role of Graduate Teaching Assistant and PhD researcher, among other things, provides a great opportunity for research-led teaching.
- Msc Psychology conversion award - Leeds Beckett University November 2018
- BSc IT and management - The University of Nottingham July 2002
- British Psychological Society
As a Graduate Teaching Assistant, Liz's main duties include:
- Delivery of teaching and support sessions for research skills (including statistics, research methods, practical classes, practical seminars) for years one and two of the undergraduate programme;
- Assessing and providing feedback to students about research skills assessments (including practical reports and other assessments) for years one and two of the undergraduate programme;
- Provision of tutorials for years one and two of the undergraduate programme;
- Supporting the provision and assessment of high-quality UG and PGT coursework and tutorials;
- Contributing to recruitment activities such as Open Days and outreach activities