Cristina studied BSc Psychology and MSc Psychological Approaches to Health and the University of Leeds. She is currently working on her PhD which focuses on developing a music listening intervention to reduce anxiety.
- Deputy Chair of Psychology Ethics committee
- PGR mental health and wellbeing champion
Music Psychology, Music and wellbeing.
Throughout her studying, Cristina always gravitated towards music psychology. Her undergraduate dissertation focused on a qualitative approach to everyday experiences of music in a female undergraduate sample. In addition, her MSc project focused on how music listening can reduce the perception on pain in an experimental setting. Cristina’s current PhD involves testing how music listening can be used as an intervention to promote and improve wellbeing. You can find Cristina’s latest publication following this link: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/10298649211046979
- BSc Psychology (Hons)
- MSc Psychological Approaches to Health
As a graduate teaching assistant within the department, my main responsibilities include:
- Lecturer and module lead for Introduction to Psychology (PSYC1601)
- Facilitator in Computer Based Learning Sessions, Seminar Leader and Marker
- Tutorial leader in modules involving social and behavioural psychology
- Tutor for Access to Leeds Programme
- Marker in various modules accross the BSc Programme at Level 1 and 2