- Position: Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Signal Processing; Machine Learning; Deep Learning; Data Analytics; Wearable Sensors; Assistive Technologies, ICT in Health; computational neuroscience; computational biomechanics
- Email: M.Awais@leeds.ac.uk
Muhammad Awais is a biomedical and electrical engineer, working as a data scientist for more than eight years in the domain of data mining, data analytics, signal processing, application-based machine learning and deep learning to develop ICT (Information and communication Technologies) based systems for remote sensing, biomedical and health care domain. He received the B.S. electronic engineering degree from Mohammad Ali Jinnah University, Pakistan, M.S. degree in electrical and electronic engineering from Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Malaysia and PhD in Biomedical, Electrical and System Engineering from University of Bologna, Italy. He is currently working as Research Fellow in Signal Processing and Machine Learning in University of Leeds, United Kingdom. He is member of Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS). He is reviewer of many well reputed journal such as Future Generation Computer Systems Elsevier, IEEE JBHI, IEEE Access, IEEE Communication Magazine, MDPI Sensors, JMIR, CSSP etc.
- Research Fellow in Data Analytics and Machine Learning
His research interests include biomedical signal processing, data analytics of wearable sensors (activity trackers, inertial measurement units, accelerometers, gyroscope, electroencephalogram and electrocardiogram), computational neuroscience, computational biomechanics, data mining and the application of machine learning to biomedical signals in the field of assistive technologies and human movement analysis.
- PhD in Biomedical, Electrical and System Engineering
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS)