- Position: Clinical Teaching Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Immunisations and Vaccinations; Nursing; Clinical Information Systems; Patient's Electronic Health Record (EHR)/Electronic Patient Records (EPR); Public Health; Screening Programmes; Mentoring
- Email: M.Law@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4190
- Location: 10.30 Worsley Building
- Website: CIS4PC Clinical Information Systems for Patient Care
I joined the University of Leeds as a Clinical Teaching Fellow in October 2010, I originally worked on a Project 'Clinical Information Systems for Patient Care' (CIS4PC) within the Medical school, this is now an embedded element within the spiralled MBChB curriculum. I have been a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) since 2007, gained whilst a Senior Lecturer and Programme Lead for the BSc/Advanced Diploma in Adult, Mental Health, Learning Disabilities and Child Nursing at the University of Bradford. I have 42 years continuous registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), my currently registered qualifications are: Lecturer/Practice Educator; Specialist Community Public Health Nursing Health Visiting (RSCPHN HV); Adult Nursing (RN Adult); Children's Nursing (RN Child).
As well as my professional qualifications my educational background includes:
Post Graduate Diploma in Child Protection
University of Huddersfield; BSc (Hons) Nursing with Education
University of Huddersfield; Assessor of Supervised Practice, Health Visiting
University of Sheffield; Community Practice Teacher (Health Visiting)
University of Bolton; State Certified Midwife (now lapsed).
- Clinical Information Systems for Patient Care (CIS4PC)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Child Protection, University of Huddersfield
- BSc (Hons) Nursing with Education, University of Huddersfield
- Assessor of Supervised Practice, Health Visiting, University of Sheffield
- University of Bolton; State Certified Midwife
My role in the Academic Unit of Primary Care is to work collaboratively with the Division of Health Services Research to provide and support interactive teaching sessions using TPP's Systm One - Clinical Information System.