- Position: Head of Trial Management - Complex Interventions
- Areas of expertise: delivery and conduct of clinical trials; complex interventions; pilot; feasibility; routine data; patient reported outcomes; trial costings.
- Email: S.Hartley@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 8041
- Location: 11.65 Worsley Building
- Website: Twitter | LinkedIn | Researchgate | ORCID
Suzanne is Head of Trial Management for the Complex Intervention Division at the Clinical Trials Research Unit (CTRU), University of Leeds. Suzanne joined the CTRU in 2006 and is responsible for the leadership of the trial and data management within the Complex Intervention Division which encompasses national patient recruitment and spans feasibility/pilot studies and phase III clinical trials. She has experience across a variety of disease areas, research settings and intervention types.
Suzanne obtained her MSc in Health Science from the University of York (2002) and worked as a systematic reviewer before joining the University of Leeds.
- Head of Trial Management
- Project Delivery Lead
Suzanne works across an extensive portfolio of NIHR- and charity-funded trials, studies and programmes, focussing on developing and evaluating complex health and social care interventions in NHS priority areas. She has a particular interest in overcoming the challenges associated with the delivery, implementation and successful completion of complex interventions in multi-centre trials and accessing routine datasets. Suzanne is a member of the UK Trial Managers Network (UKTMN) working group and is a editorial board member of the UKTMN Guide to Efficient Trial Management and regularly provides teaching to staff within the CTRU.
- MSc Health Science
- BSc Medical Microbiology
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Clinical Trials Research