- Start date: TBA
- End date: TBA
- Duration: 3 hours
- Fees: Free
- Venue: University of Leeds, School of Medicine, Worsley Building, Level 8, 8.28A
enquire book now
This workshop introduces participants to what makes a threshold concept.
From this workshop, delegates will identify threshold concepts in medicine and specialities, gather personal experiences gained from 'eureka' moments and harness small group teaching approaches to facilitate the step out of confusion.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be better able to:
- Have an understanding of threshold concepts within learning
- Identify threshold concepts encountered in medicine and specialties
- Harness small group teaching approaches to overcome threshold concepts
- Use our own threshold concepts to help students navigate their threshold concepts
This course is free to attend and of interest to those wishing to develop teaching skills, especially in the healthcare environment and teaching our students.
Dr Cait Dennis Leeds Institute of Medical Education
This workshop has been accredited for 3 CPD points from the Royal College of Physicians
This workshop can be used to evidence the following areas for GMC accreditation: Teaching and Facilitating Learning.
This workshop can be used to evidence to following areas for The Academy of Medical Educators. Core: Educational Scholarship. Domains: Designing and Planning of Learning Activities, Teaching and Supporting Learners.