- Start date: 21st October 2019 - time 9.30am
- End date: 21st October 2019 - 12.30pm
- Duration: 3 hours
- Fees: Free
- Venue: University of Leeds, School of Medicine, Worsley Building, Level 8, 8.34B
enquire book now
We are also running an identical workshop on 10th of February 2020 (13.30-16.30) that you may prefer to attend.
This workshop will introduce participants to small group teaching techniques, theory and practice. Managing small group dynamics will also be addressed.
There is a focus on medical and healthcare education.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be better able to:
- Discuss and list the conditions required for effective small group teaching
- Evaluate a variety of small group teaching techniques in relation to their own teaching
- Develop strategies to troubleshoot when facilitating small groups
- Consider the needs of diverse learners
This course is free to attend and of interest to those wishing to develop teaching skills, especially in the healthcare environment and teaching our students.
Dr Cait Dennis- Leeds Institute of Medical Education
This workshop has been accredited for 3 CPD points from the Royal College of Physicians
This workshop is developed and run by Leeds Institute of Medical Education at The University of Leeds and can be used to evidence the following areas for GMC accreditation: Teaching and facilitating learning.
This event could be used to evidence for The Academy of Medical Educators. Core: Educational Scholarship. Domain: Design and Planning of Learning Activities, Teaching and Supporting Learners.