- Start date: 29 November 2021 13.00
- End date: 29 November 2021 14.00
- Duration: 1 hour
- Fees: Free
- Venue: Online
enquire book now
This workshop introduces participants to what makes a good placement - the student's perspective.
Following the workshop delegates will be able to create simple methods to enhance a students experience on their ward/clinic, ensuring team integration for the student and reinforcing good practice.
By the end of this session participants will be better able to:
1. Identify specific learning needs for students
2. Have an understanding of different teaching modalities to utilise in maximising student experience
3. Apply incentives and understand the drive for learning on placement
4. Identify barriers that exist to effective teaching and generate solutions to overcome
This course is free to attend and of interest to those wishing to develop teaching skills, especially in the healthcare environment and teaching our students.
Dr Cait Dennis, Leeds University of Medical Education, Dr Ben Hughes, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.