- Start date: 12 November 2020 14.00
- End date: 12 November 2020 14.00
- Duration: 1 hour
- Fees: Free
- Venue: Online
enquire book now
This workshop blended learning approach shall help and guide participants on how to develop and enhance teaching skills when working in a busy ward/clinic. Participant-led, it will provide an opportunity to share tips and ideas and to discuss barriers and challenges. The workshop session will advise delegates on how to manage teaching opportunities, innovate and provide feedback to provide an excellent student experience.
At the end of the workshop session, participants will be better able to:
· Optimise learning opportunities for students in different clinics
· Identify resources within ward clinic to innovate teaching
· Identify the correct level and pitch in order to focus teaching
· Support students in their transition to FY1 by teaching in different wards /clinics and guiding them in self-directed learning
This course is free to attend and of interest to those wishing to develop teaching skills, especially in the healthcare environment and teaching our students.
Dr Etienne Ciantar, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust; Dr Cait Dennis Leeds Institute of Medical Education
This workshop has been accredited for 3 CPD points from the Royal College of Physicians
This workshop is developed and run by the Leeds Institute of Medical Education at the University of Leeds and can be used to evidence the following areas for GMC accreditation: Establishing and maintaining an environment for learning, Teaching and Facilitating Learning.
This workshop can be used to evidence the following areas for The Academy of Medical Educators. Core: Professional Integrity. Domain: Design and Planning of Learning Activities, Teaching and Supporting Learners, Educational Management and Leadership.