Wolfson Intercalated Award
- Summary: Funding administered by the Royal College of Physicians for outstanding undergraduate students at selected medical schools who are likely to pursue a medical research career. These awards enable students to take a one year intercalated programme part way through their medical course. This award provides a grant of up to £5,000 and has three places available.
- UK/International: All countries
- Value - what money is on offer: Up to £5,000
- Who is eligible: Only applicable to intercalating University of Leeds student. Please note students must be nominated by the School with applications coordinated and submitted through the LIME Office, Level 7, Worsley Building. Students DO NOT apply directly.
- Deadline: March (annually)
How to apply
Applications are coordinated and submitted through the LIME Office, Level 7, Worsley Building – Students DO NOT apply directly.
The Director for Intercalated Studies, can offer advice on the application process and will assist any nominee with their application. In the event of more than 3 students being put forward, the 3 strongest students and projects will be selected.
The closing date is the end of March annually.
For more information please visit http://www.wolfson.org.uk/funding/education/intercalated-awards/
A students submission will require:
- A full curriculum vitae with their date of birth and their ranking order in class.
- A brief personal statement.
- The basis on which the student has been selected to undertake a research project.
- A supporting statement by the supervisor as to why the student is likely to be successful and to follow a clinical research career.
- The degree course to be followed.
- A specific project with an identified supervisor: a statement which specifies exactly what the student will actually do and why this will be valuable experience.
- The total amount of funding required (up to a maximum of £5,000) and a justification of the finance required.
- An undertaking that the project will be written up (not necessarily in the form of a dissertation).
Please visit the Wolfson website to find out more about the conditions or contact the LIME Office, Level 7, Worsley
How are the scholarships awarded?
The Wolfson award is administered by the Royal College of Physicians. Each year the School of Medicine is invited to nominate up to 3 outstanding Leeds medical students each with a quality scientific project for consideration for the national Wolfson Intercalated award. Programme Leaders will put forward possible candidates who have been offered places on courses.
Number of scholarships available