- Summary: These scholarships are available on application to UK University of Leeds Medical (MBChB) students who have accepted a place to intercalate on a University of Leeds intercalating programme.
- UK/EU/International: All countries
- Value - what money is on offer: Various
These scholarships are available on application to UK University of Leeds Medical (MBChB) students who have accepted a place to intercalate on a University of Leeds intercalating programme. The number of scholarships awarded each year will depend on the funding available.
Rules of the funding
These scholarships are available on application to UK University of Leeds MBChB Medical students who have accepted a place to intercalate on a University of Leeds intercalating programme.
- The number of scholarships awarded each year will depend on the funding available.
- These Scholarships are a maintenance award (not a fee waiver) and will be made directly to the student at three points during the academic year.
- Students who receive a School of Medicine Alumni Intercalated Scholarships may be required to take part in publicity photos and interviews for the Alumni and Development Office.
The School of Medicine will provide the University of Leeds Alumni office with a regular update of the progress of the recipients during the academic year.
- Each student receiving a School of Medicine Alumni Intercalated Scholarship will be required to provide a short report to the University of Leeds Alumni office by 1st June via the School of Medicine
- Be a UK University of Leeds undergraduate MBChB medical student registered to intercalate full-time on a University of Leeds approved intercalated programme lasting no longer than one year.
- Have not already achieved an equivalent or higher-level qualification
- Not be on a study-abroad or work-placement year
- Be liable for the full programme fees and not in receipt of a subsidy from outside the University or the NHS eg a government or other grant to cover all or part of the tuition fees or a Scholarship directly from a charity or business
Have a household income of less than £42,875 a year (*)
*This Data will be provided by University Central Student Services via Student Finance England
* Students are encouraged to tick the ‘Share data with University’ when applying to Student Finance England.
*By ticking the box will provide the University
The application process
- University of Leeds MBChB UK students are encouraged to apply for the Intercalated Alumni Scholarships once they have been offered and accepted a place on a University of Leeds Intercalating programme.
- Closing date for applications is midnight 1st July each year
- Applications will be considered by the University of Leeds, School of Medicine, Scholarships and Bursaries Committee
- When considering applications, the committee will have access to the applicant’s Intercalated application form and academic transcript and whether any applicant is also in receipt of a national or internal award based on academic merit.
- Complete the online application form
Craig Saxton (Total fund of $10,00) - Two Highest ranked students from Footsteps applications
J A D Settle 1 x £1,500 - Third highest ranked student from Footsteps applications