In addition to the academic criteria for entry to our Gateway Year to Medicine course, candidates must also meet the below criteria in order to be eligible for the course. If you meet these, but are also predicted to achieve ABB or greater at A-level then you should instead apply to the traditional 5 year MBChB course via Access to Leeds, rather than to the Gateway Year to Medicine.
You must be living permanently in the UK, hold or be taking the required level 3 qualifications (A Levels) for the course, have the potential to succeed at the University of Leeds and meet two or more of the following critera:
- be from a household with an annual income of £25,000 or below or in receipt of 16-19 Bursary Fund or Discretionary Learner Support with an income threshold of £25,000, or in receipt of free school meals during your GCSE studies.
- be in the first generation of your immediate family to go to University
- attend a school achieving below the national average at GCSE (Attainment 8 score)
- your studies have been disrupted by circumstances in your personal, social or domestic life
- you live in a geographical area with low progression to higher education (see our online postcode checker)
- you live or grew up in public care
For more information please contact our admissions team.