- Position: Senior Lecturer in Epidemiology
- Areas of expertise: Cancer epidemiology; Paediatric oncology; Adolescent oncology; Paediatric intensive care; Data linkage; Health and Social outcomes.
- Email: R.G.Feltbower@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4841
- Location: 11.070 Worsley Building
- Website: Twitter | ORCID
I joined the University in 1998 as a Research Statistician examining the epidemiology childhood and young adult cancer, drawing data from the Yorkshire Specialist Register of Cancer in Children and Young People. I am now the Director of the Yorkshire Register and lead a programme of epidemiological and applied health research funded by the Candelighters Trust and Laura Crane Cancer Youth Trust. Current research involves the use of linked datasets such as primary and secondary care to evaluate long-term outcomes including mental health, educational attainment and treatment toxicity. I am a member of the Childhood, Teenage and Young Adult Cancer Expert Advisory Group within Public Health England and the NCRI Teenage and Young Adult Clinical Studies Group. I am also Chair of the CCLG Epidemiology and Registry Group.
In 2018 I became co-PI for the Paediatric Intensive Care Audit Network (PICANet) which assesses PICU activity through the UK and Ireland. The work is a joint collaboration with the University of Leicester, co-led by Professor Liz Draper.
- Programme Manager, MSc Health Data Analytics
- PhD - Epidemiology
- MSc - Medical Statistics
- BSc - Mathematics
- Society for Social Medicine & Population Health
Programme Manager for MSc Health Data Analytics.
Research Methods for Clinical Sciences.
RESS-3 tutor for MBChB.
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Medicine
- Clinical and Population Science