Dr Lynn McVey
- Position: Research Assistant
- Areas of expertise: empathy; reverie; reflexivity; counselling; national clinical audit; realist evaluation; dashboard
- Email: L.McVey@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 0950
- Location: 1.17 Baines Wing
- Website: Researchgate | ORCID
I work part-time in the School of Healthcare as a Research Assistant in Applied Health Research on the QualDash project. The project aims to develop and evaluate an interactive, web-based dashboard to enhance the use of national clinical audit data for quality improvement in the NHS.
I also work as a counsellor. In 2017 I completed a PhD in counselling and psychotherapy at the School of Healthcare, which explored therapists' experiences of reverie and empathic connection with clients.
My research interests in counselling centre on reverie, empathy, reflexivity and the micro-phenomenal nature of client-therapist/participant-researcher interactions. In applied healthcare my interests include evaluating how complex healthcare interventions work. I have used a range of qualitative methodologies including interpretative phenomenological analysis and realist evaluation, and have experience of different data collection methods such as interviews, observations and focus groups.
- PhD Psychotherapy & Counselling, University of Leeds
- MA Psychotherapy & Counselling, University of Leeds
- MA (Hons) History & Art History, University of Edinburgh
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
Research groups and institutes
- People, systems and services
- Mental health (Healthcare)