Mrs Fiona Knights
- Position: Academic lead for clinical skills and simulation and adult nursing lecturer School of Healthcare
- Areas of expertise: Critical care - including ICU; HDUCCU; cardiothoracic.
- Email: F.L.Knights@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1175
- Location: Baines wing
- Website: Twitter | LinkedIn | Researchgate
Adult, Child and Mental Health NursingClinical Skills and simulation academic lead.
Adult nursing lecturer, module leader for HECS 2184
SLiP course lecturer
IDEALS tutor for 1st, 2nd and 3rd year medical students.
- Academic lead for clinical skills and simulation and module leader HECS 2184
- IDEALS tutor for medical students years 1,2 and 3
Simulation and clinical skills delivery.
- Post graduate certificate in research
- MSc Health professional education, HEA fellow,
- BSc Hons adult and critical care nursing,
- Diploma adult nursing
- BACCN, ICS, Patient safety fellow with Improvement academy
My background is critical care/acute nursing and I spent several years as a critical care and acute medicine educator in different Trusts. I joined the Univerity in May 2008. I started my academic career at the school of medicine where I was a clinical skills facilitator for medical and dental students. I moved to the school of healthcare as an adult nursing lecturer in 2011. I have been the academic lead for clinical skills and simulation since 2012. I am also the module leader for HECS 2184 - a 2nd-year transdisciplinary module. My interests remain in acute/critical care nursing/teaching, Clinical skills and simulation education and patient safety.